Friday, March 07, 2008

The Anti-Pi Lunchbreak

Yesterday I had a plan for lunch

I was going to be productive

Pick up food, get oil changed, go to post office

Simple, right?

But not easy.

I went to Bruegger's Bagels for their awesome-delicious Thai Peanut Chicken sammich

Then off to the oil change place

They gave me one of the key chain punch card things awhile back and after 5 oil changes the 6th one is free!

I was excited cuz I was finally there!

I was ready for my free oil change.

The pimply worker came out and asked if I just wanted my oil changed, Yes, that's it.


I head inside with my book and sammich and get comfy

Have you been here before? I can't find your car in the system...

Yes, this will be my sixth time.

Still couldn't find it so I dictated all my info again...


Back to the sammich...

No Thai peanut sauce!!

That absolutely makes the sandwich.

Without it, it's just an expensive chicken sandwich on a 'softwich'

Grr.

There's a hick in the waiting room.

He decides it's a great time to make friends.

Blahblahblah he says....and manages to mention that he has a Mercedes

Nice.

I'm looking around at the place and see a sign:


Notice: this establishment went through an ownership change, effective September 1, 2007. As a result we will no longer be accepting punch cards.


::SIGH::

Grr.

ok, fine, this is the last oil change I will ever have to pay for, as I'm selling the old girl to a friend....hopefully within a month!

I finish my sammich, and start in on my book...


Pimply guy comes back in...Um, we don't make the filter size your car needs.

I've never had this problem before...


Um, I'll be right back...

About 5 minutes pass

Yokel is still babbling...his name is Dallas, how nice.


Well, good news! I convinced my manager not to charge you for the oil change since we can't change the filter.

So, you're putting new oil in anyway?


Yep.

Huh. Ok.


Finally I make it out of there with new oil and my old filter.

Off to the post office.

Now, the post office isn't a place I ever visit.


I haven't had a reason to go since I moved....


The address is in a suburb that is just crazy with it's streets and numbering.


I figure it's off of One Big Street and head out...


I find The Street It's On +1 so I turn there....and can't find it....ok, this is looping around..and now it looks familiar...and now I'm on The Street It's On -4


Hm. Drive that loop again just to be sure.


Nope.


Grr.

Ok, it's been about an hour, I should get back to the office....

I'm on Another Big Street, in the right turn lane....WAIT

Maybe it's off of This Big Street and not That One.

So I turn and decide to turn around in the gas station...


And I see My New Car.


GRR.

The jealousy and rage bubble up...PATIENCE I remind myself.

I finally find the Post Office.


Why am I here?

I got one of those cards in my mailbox saying there was a Certified Letter that required a signature....

Great. Those are never good news.

I put it off for about a week.


So now, I'm here, at the post office

I hand it to the guy behind the counter...he looks at it, finds the letter...

You're an authorized picker-upper of Mr. Sheets?


No...why?


This is addressed to Mr. Sheets...is this your address?

No, I live next door.


Oh, well looks like the carrier messed up, sorry about that.


The card was placed in my mailbox in error.


Mother Fucker!

I was beyond frustrated when I returned to the office and then snapped at a couple of people....


Now the whole thing is a tad amusing


But just a TAD

1 comment:

Mike said...

might wanna get that filter changed!