Saturday, August 30, 2008

Tonsillectomy Pics

Mother was nice enough to take pictures of me before and after surgery

Before:


After:


The healing process, day 3:

My tongue is all discolored because it's bruised from where they clamped it and pulled it out.

Eeww, I know!

The white nasty stuff is the scabbing....

As you can see, my left tonsil (on the right) was much bigger, and that side hurts more

Liquid vicodin is doing the trick...not sure how I'm going to ween myself off of it enough to make it to work though!

Even though I'm sure it doesn't hurt nearly as much as some sore throats I've had without any drugs, after you get used to not feeling the pain, why would you go back?

Right now soup and ice cream are my best friends.

2 comments:

Mike said...

ew ew ew!!

i don't even know what tonsils do!!

Spicy Little Pi said...

Yep, total ewww

Let's just say they weren't doing what they're supposed to, so they had to go...good riddance!