Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Against the Mainstream

New Boyfriend has pointed out something interesting about me

Imagine that.

Pi? Interesting?

Duh.

Anyway, the observation was that I am Anti-Mainstream


I've never looked at that way...

I just hate things that are BORING...VANILLA...BLAH

I don't go out of my way to be this way.

I just AM.

How? do you ask...

I don't put mayonnaise on my sammiches at home.


I use pesto.

I don't buy white bread or wheat bread or wonder bread everyday-run-of-the-mill bread.


I go to the bakery section.


Tomato soup?

Nope.

Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato soup....then add rice and corn

My condo isn't decorated like anyone else's....

I don't listen to the radio, so I'm not into whatever is 'in' in that respect either

Have you seen my cubicle?!

I have very particular tastes.


It's my sub-conscience never-ending battle against the BORING


Cuz, really, is there anything worse than being boring?

That would be the ultimate hell for me.


Everything vanilla.

Perfect little wafers floating about...

Like living in that neighborhood from Edward Scissor Hands.

Or any suburb in America, where every house is a shade of beige, with a perfectly manicured lawn, a fluffy golden retriever, and 2.3 children.

Barf.

Oh right, left out the SUV and Mercedes/BMW in the driveway.


Whatever is perceived as 'Normal' and 'mainstream'...I don't want any part of it!

Get out there and do shit your way.



Another thing, if, when I'm older, my Big Night Out is the night I have bowling league with my husband and neighbors, frickin SHOOT me!

No comments: