Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Traveling Vacuum

January 23rd, I'm looking at reviews of vacuums on the interweb at work...

Yeah, yeah I'm busy.

I looked at Hoover, Bissell, Dyson, Euro-Pro, LG, Dirt Devil, etc.etc.

Mom has a Dyson Animal...

I used it when I was home over Christmas, it worked well and damn was it on the heavy side...

After reading reviews I was curious about pricing...

Dyson Animal: $600 new

Holy buckets.

I found it around $425 somewhere...I think.

I know...eBay!

Searching....

Look! One's ending in 20 minutes and it's at $215

! !

Ok....how much do I want to spend on this thing...

Slightly used, in pristine condition, with attachments, one year warranty from the seller....

TIME FOR AN IMPULSE BUY!

Most people's impulse buys are a candy bar, a piece of clothing, maybe a pair of shoes...not a frickin' vacuum!

hmmm so I wait till the 3 minute marker and toss in my bid: $255

Holy Shit did you just bid TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY-FIVE DOLLARS on a VACUUM?!

::Breathe Out::

Yes, I did....

For the next 3 minutes I constantly refreshed the page...

Just waiting for someone's auto-bid thing to go off...

Flashes of getting text alerts at home while bidding on Arcadia purses came back to me...

And the 5 purses I've lost by ONE FUCKING DOLLAR, cuz I didn't have internet at home and was too cheap to get the text alerts...

Not this time.

The auction ended without any surprises.

I won!

Er, I won the right to pay $255 plus shipping for a Vacuum.


A DYSON.

I totally geeked!

The next day I received an email saying they would ship it via UPS the next day and I would receive a tracking number.

. . .

That didn't happen.

The next week, last week, I sent them an email asking about it...


I received shipping information for a vacuum exactly like mine, except my name wasn't on the shipping info and it was headed to California.

Ummmm, that's nice but that isn't me.


Oh, sorry, here's the correct shipping info, it was sent on January 25th and left on the porch as requested.


Ummmm, also not me!


Oh crap.


I bet someone was pissing themself...

The next day I received this:


A Thousand Appologies. I located the Dyson it is in California I AM SO SORRY i Called ups and it is going to be rerouted to you with the correct information. Again I am so sorry The Tracking number is xxxxxxxxxxxxx At this moment it does show the wrong name but is being correct as i type this email. The package is being rerouted to you at your work address
I don't know how i messed it up but i am getting it to you now :'(

I checked the tracking number...


My vacuum went from Florida to Los Angeles....

It was on the truck for delivery to some bitch that didn't win it when it was 'Intercepted'

Then it went to Chicago...


Then Davenport...

Then through 5 hours of shitty snowy interstate to arrive in Des Moines at 7 this morning.

(Did I mention we got about a foot of snow yesterday?!)


It was finally delivered this afternoon!!

It better work when I get it home...


Now, assuming it is in perfect working order, do I leave good feedback with a note about the shipping mix-up?

Or back feedback? Or good feedback w/o a note?

Damn. My vacuum gets around.

2 comments:

Mike said...

No, shit like that happens. Se la vi.

At least it didn't go to Brazil or anything!

Spicy Little Pi said...

Yes, yes, I know....and of course it happens with the highest priced item I've ever bought on eBay!

She is home, safe, and sucking up cat hair.

How wonderful : )

Oui, c'est la vie....