Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Confessions Tour

Once upon a time, in 1987, when the Pi was a wee little 5 yr old, her parents decided to take her to a concert.

A Madonna Concert.

At Soldier Field.

I may have been young, but I remember it.

From then on, I was a fan. Which is why I jumped all over Madonna tickets for her Confessions Tour.

The concert was Sunday June 18th at the United Center, where the Bulls and the Blackhawks play, and I took my mom.


That's the Pi's mom.


Being a Madonna concert, you get all kinds in the crowd...

Like The Person In White.
Yeah, that's a guy.

And this lady in fishnets, corset, leotard, knee-high boots, coat, and hat. She was kind enough to pose.


And then this, um, Shim.

Old, young, middle-aged, married, single, straight, gay. They were all there.

Madonna, being the diva that she is, deemed the AC be turned off.

Apparently it bothers her throat.

'I don't want to contribute to global warming.'

Right.

Here's a shot taken from our seats in the third balcony about an hour before the show was scheduled to start.

The beers were a whopping $7 a piece, we had time to kill so I partook in a few...

About an hour after the show was supposed to start, the crowd, being as bored as it was decided it was time to do some cheesey crowd-stuff.

Like the wave.

6 times.

Course it started in my section.

There was a gay couple sitting next to us, they were probably in their 50s.

The one kept going on and on about the last time he saw Madonna:

'It was the Drowned World Tour. I was so excited, I made it through the first few songs, but during the fourth song, I passed out and missed the whole show!'

There was a couple in front of us sitting next to a woman, who must've been 65, with her challenged son. The younger couple was getting flat out drunk. They kept getting up to pee and get more beer, double fistin' it until the bar closed. The old lady was pissed.

Madonna finally came on about 9pm, an hour and a half late. The first few songs were a little shaky, then it picked up. She sang a few old ones, and they were all remixed with things like Donna Summer, Disco Inferno, and her new music.

She played the guitar. In all-out rockstar form.

It was awesome. I found an unattended bag in the bathroom. It had a t-shirt in it. I took it.

Those things were going for $40-60! All in all it was a great experience and I'd do it again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hot mom.

Spicy Little Pi said...

looks like I have nothing to worry about then!