Friday, August 18, 2006

wwhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

As a child I would always squeal 'wwhheeeeeeee' whenever I was on the swings. . .

Imagine the sounds I made while on the rides at Six Flags Great America!

First up was The Viper, a woody with only lap bars, whose first drop is 80 feet and gets up to 50 mph.

Those woodies give me headaches. The shaking is unbelievable.

Each peak gives you that great lifting feeling in your stomach, but some of the thrill comes from the feeling that the whole thing is going to fall apart! (what are we talking about again??)

Raging Bull was next. It had to be. After standing in line underneath it's first drop of 200 feet and hearing everyone screaming. . .

We got up to the front of the line, waiting for the front row. . . and watched as TWO LARGE people were turned away because they couldn't pull the lap harness thingy back far enough . . .

How embarassing.

The ride was awesome. It goes so fast your eyes water.

Another woody followed, a 25 yr old woody. shaky shaky.

Then it was time for some grub:

A 1/4 lb foot long chili cheese dog.

With cheese fries.

And yes, I ate the whole damn thing.

With a spork.

After some wandering around to let that brick settle it was time. . .

Batman the Ride

'Guests will finally escape through the Batcave to be whisked away on Batman's newest crime-fighting device, Batman The Ride. '

Crime fighting device, eh?

Whatever, it was awesome.

Afterwards I got soaked on a frickin water ride.

Wet, sticky jeans. . .

Not as much fun as that other activity that gives you wet, sticky jeans. . .but at least I was cooled off...

To dry off, standing in line for Superman: Ultimate Flight seemed like a good idea. . .

I'm not sure who thought this contraption up, but it was something else . . . you sit in your chair, get strapped in, including your legs, and then the whole thing retracts so you're facing the floor.

You're fucking FLYING.

The first loop is what did it for me, going in head first, then curving around and falling back against the seat...

damn.

The rest of it was kinda boring. Like Superman was cruisin through the sky and just enjoying being able to fly . . . at 60 mph

Because of the restraints you can only stick your arms out so far, like the goober in the picture.

Pi had a great time on the rides, too bad I didn't have the time to go on all of them . . .

Whenever I get off my lazy ass and get my Chi-town pics, I'll post that...maybe.

2 comments:

RyeGuy said...

ain't sporks the neatest things?

I could say that all day.

spork spork spork spork spork......

I hate rollercoasters. But good for you for going on a sh*tload of them.

Spicy Little Pi said...

damn, it does sound cool when you repeat it like that...

maybe it's time for a revolution, an uprising against the fork and spoon as separate entities...

You can be the Spork Master!