Thursday, October 19, 2006

A Business Lunch

One of the perks of Corporate-Whore America is the Business Lunch.

You get to devote more than your allotted one-hour for lunch with people you've already worked with all morning

Including a few that are in from out of town, the ones you've maybe never met and have only talked to on conference calls...

Or there are people there whose ass needs a little kissing, for those I generally keep my mouth shut, smile and nod.

Sounds like a dream come true, eh?


Even if it's all the same shit in a different place, at least the food is free

(And it's not like we're going to Taco Bell)

Today was one of those days.

Impromptu Business Lunch...

8 People: 4 Men, 4 Women

Business Lunch for this group is usually pretty entertaining...like the last time

We ended up at Los Cabos, a mexican joint (it met my high mexi-fications, HA i'm so clever!)

At first I didn't notice that we did this, but it was men on one side, women on the other.

The average age at the table was 41 not including me...

Conversation to my right, at The Man Table was all about business and investment strategies and what are we doing about renewable fuels etcetc

At The Lady Table, conversation turned to babies.

Aren't we getting a little old for the Man/Woman separation thing?

Spicy, caught in the middle. Young, single, childless, on a mental break from work...

I should have gotten my oil changed.

At least I'd have the satisfaction of being checked out by a few grease-monkeys.

oh well. at least the food was good.

No comments: